Tuesday 29 April 2008

The (un)lost dream of love

I had a crush. It was sort of real. An authentic one, it was. I was the shy type (I have never been too close to any lady, apart from my mother. Moreover all my siblings save the second last, are boys­).
Did I know it was all coming? It was impulsive instead. Initially, I only had dreams. This time round, it was real. I spotted her. She was real, found somewhere in the dreams I ever had. It was kind of sweet weirdness.
I couldn’t hold back and let the dream to have this babe kill me. Where do I begin? I was in dilemma. The mechanics and genes of the body got to work impulsively. We bumped into each other. It seemed natural.

I was overwhelmed. For lack of something concrete to say, the mechanics of the body would do the work.
Beauty lies in the beholder’s eye. She’s one of the most beautiful lady I ever set my eyes on. An angel. My perfect dream. She inspired numerous passionate, lovely and innocent feelings in me. She was my dream. But, how could I capture it? And keep it in my heart. I have had an attractive stint in the lonely backyards. Till when?
If I find the one to inspire my heart, I will give in to her. It came to pass. I had seen her, after crossing the Nile.
My dream. It will come to pass. I besiege you, Lord, thou art in heaven. She will be (sweet) mine forever.
She’s a lovable type. A smiling angel. Eyes sparkling after a stare into my eyes. For heavens sake, she’s looking into my heart. I need loving…everlasting loving. I need one to hold, to cherish, to love and to honour for the rest of my life.
One day, two days, a week, two weeks, still together. But, nothing much to get the wheels rolling. Tension abound. Reason? Most masculine eyes on her. I am a humble chap. I am a broke bloke. She’ s loaded. Perception sounds louder than doubt. I have not told her anything, though.
But, matters of the heart…lonely, lonely heart push me in a tight corner. I cannot take it any longer. I drop the bombshell…. “Dear Angel…..een. I liked you even before we knew each other. I am too lonely…. ‘be mine so we can’ share a future of love and happiness together…” Wow. The message is gone. It defied the cold night to reach her in the lovely warmth of her bed. Relief. But, tension. The response! I don’t know. It might turn on a new page. Will I suddenly fall from the sweet soft leaves of our infant relationship friendship to the cold ashes in the dustbin? Damn it. I must struggle on.

Risk taking is a better option. The bombshell had struck the heart I desired, like a sweet sword of flame. But, the effect was quite undesired. What the hell is this?
Next day, she sauntered toward me.
“I need some time with you.” Tension…
“Outside,” she hinted. Far from the crowd. A lecture is in the offing, I felt it coming. My heart beats sympathise with me. They turn into drum beats instead. I am off balance, but still admiring her ‘Angel’ frame. I wish I could have it for a mutual meal every day-a symbiotic one. It will come to pass. I perceive it.
The brief stint confuses me. I am thrown into a deep of ‘loneliness.’
My heart is stubborn on her. Will I easily let go? No. My much desired affiliation dream with her hangs in balance. I have not talked much to her neither has she to me. This pricks my conscience. It is funny how the secrete attraction inflicts emotional pain. But, the silence betokens something positive.
The only grand communication going on is between the eyes. I survive on optical nutrition. I can’t have enough of her though. Damn me. Her charm and beauty have bewitched me. I am going to run crazy. I am now careful not to run into another crush. Reason. I am damn sure there’s gonna be a comeback between us. Similarly, I don’t want to harbour more wounds to the ones I seem to ‘nurse.’
Instead, I will treat any lady with suspicion. I won’t easily date any of them. My Angel should come back. She will come back. I am waiting still in the coldness of loneliness and hope.
Come back. I still need. More than ever.
Yours truly......

Joshua Masinde

No comments:

Bestsellers